Opportunities to Serve in kidzLIFE
Mt. Juliet Campus
If you are interested in serving in the children's ministry at the Mt. Juliet campus, take a look at the list below and then contact Robyn Walters to volunteer.
- Small group leaders are responsible for an age group of kids during a portion of kidzLIFE Sundays. They should be able to build trusting, loving relationships with the kids while leading pre-planned activities given by the children’s director. Small group leaders need to be loving, kind, and energetic and willing to follow up with children and their families.
- First Faces Team are those that greet children and their families each Sunday morning, assist them in check-in and escort visitors to their areas. A First Faces Team member needs to be warm and welcoming, be comfortable with computers, and able to find answers to members’ and guests’ questions. Volunteers will be trained accordingly.
- Floor Encouragers watch over kids during the worship portion of kidzLIFE Sundays, making sure children are engaging in music and activities and paying attention during the message. A Floor Encourager needs to be firm but kind, able to enforce rules, and be a positive example to children in worship. They usually double as a small group leader, or small group assistant.
- Tech Team volunteers help out with audio/visual setup and run MediaShout during worship.
- Praise Team members lead the kids in dance moves and motions to accompaniment during worship. Praise Team members need to be coordinated, energetic, and cheesy.
- Setup and teardown volunteers help before and/or after the service making the room a great environment for our kids. Typical responsibilities include breaking down or re-setting cafeteria tables, rolling and unrolling carpets, and loading cases on trailers.
- Prep Team volunteers are available to come to the church for an hour or so during the week and gather supplies for the small groups.
- Small group leaders are responsible for leading their group in about 15-20 minutes of pre-planned activities and making sure children are paying attention during the large group time. Small group leaders need to be loving, kind, and energetic.
Contact Robyn Walters at email@example.com if you're interested in volunteering with kidzLIFE.
Anyone who volunteers with children must fill out a background check form. Please print and fill out either the Adult form or Minors form and return to Robyn Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org.